This week, hosts Natasha Levinger & Tess Whitehurst are so excited to welcome J. Allen Cross, author of American Brujeria and paranormal investigator. In the interview, they cover fixing haunted homes, listening to the land, angry forest spirits, Catholic magic, the difficulty fitting in experienced by some Mexican Americans, liminal spaces as sources of potent magic, the ritual blessing of a St. Michael medal, how “witchy” the bible is, the nuance of cultural appropriation vs cultural contact, the role of sacrifice and discomfort in connecting to other realms, and more!
In the shows other usual segments, Natasha & Tess talk about Greg’s Sweet 16, Beltane, clearing clutter, choosing to honor others’ boundaries, the trauma of being a calm, cool Californian, being stuck in unhealthy thought patterns, the hypnagogic and hypnotic states, lucid dreaming & shifting, letting go of toxic relationships and the magic of house cleaning.
- Learn more about Natasha’s 11 for 11 email course that gives you tons of quick emotional tools to use for all kinds of situations
- Tess just did her class on mastering the pendulum. Head over to tesswhitehurst.com to learn more and to get the recording as soon as it’s available!
- Goddess Provisions boxes are a great way to treat yourself. If you choose to buy one, use this link to support the show!
- We have a hotline, y’all! Leave us a question on our voicemail at (828) 333-7181 and we’ll answer it on air.
- Please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts! Thanks to those who already have! It really helps spread the word about Magic Monday
- You can sign up for the Magic Monday newsletter if you want a little extra magic (and Tess & Natasha) in your inbox once a month.
- Check out the Magic Monday Podcast Listeners facebook page for an active community of fellow travelers on the magic path.
J. Allen Cross’s Info:
J. Allen Cross’s Book:
Other Books Mentioned:
Oracle Decks Used: