This week co-hosts Tess Whitehurst and Natasha Levinger are happy to welcome Byron Ballard, teacher, folklorist, writer, and animist. In this interview, they cover growing up wild in rural Appalachia, all children starting out as animists, becoming a Wiccan in young adulthood, founding Mother Grove Goddess Temple, endarkenment vs enlightenment, a broader definition of permaculture, acknowledged kinship to the natural world, and more.
In the usual weekly segments, Tess & Natasha cover how all feelings are neutral, grieving and pain and allowing, the fear of feeling, Tess’s cat’s refusal to be contained, birthday IFS work for Tess, energetic hygiene, bringing in chrysanthemums for fall, and (you guessed it) even more!
- Tess’s latest book, The Self-Love Superpower, is out in September but available for pre-order now!
- Learn more about Natasha’s 11 for 11 email course that gives you tons of quick emotional tools to use for all kinds of situations
- Natasha now has a page on Insight Timer. You can listen to a free chakra clearing meditation, with more meditations coming soon.
- Please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts! Thanks to those who already have! It really helps spread the word about Magic Monday
- We have a hotline, y’all! Leave us a question on our voicemail at (828) 333-7181 and we’ll answer it on air.
- You can sign up for the Magic Monday newsletter if you want a little extra magic (and Tess & Natasha) in your inbox once a month.
- Check out the Magic Monday Podcast Listeners facebook page for an active community of fellow travelers on the magic path.
- Goddess Provisions boxes are a great way to treat yourself. If you choose to buy one, use this link to support the show!
Oracle Decks Used: