Co-hosts Tess Whitehurst & Natasha Levinger are happy to welcome Stephanie Rose Bird, artist, and author of “The Healing Power of African-American Spirituality: A Celebration of Ancestor Worship, Herbs and Hoodoo, Ritual and Conjure.” In this interview they talk about how she defines African-American spirituality, the need for Black spirituality in the light of traumas visited on African-Americans like the murder of George Floyd, the deep impact death has had on her family, rituals for honoring the dead, the role of animism in spirituality and magic, dance as a means for connecting to one individuality and community, tree whispering, the power of blood, and more!
In the usual weekly segments, Tess & Natasha also talk about learning to have disagreements with friends, how emotional issues show up in unexpected places, boulders coming at us this week, multiple layers of working on the “same” issue, listening to your intuition, and more!
- Go check out all the bounty Tess’s blog has to offer, including posts from exciting guests like J. Allen Cross!
- Sign up for Natasha’s newsletter! You’ll get free audio guided meditations, plus regular energy and self-help messages from Natasha & her guides
- Please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts! Thanks to those who already have! It really helps spread the word about Magic Monday.
- You can sign up for the Magic Monday newsletter if you want a little extra magic (and Tess & Natasha) in your inbox once a month.
- Natasha has a page on Insight Timer. You can listen to a free chakra clearing meditation, with more meditations coming soon.
- Check out the Magic Monday Podcast Listeners facebook page for an active community of fellow travelers on the magic path.
- Goddess Provisions boxes are a great way to treat yourself. If you choose to buy one, use this link to support the show!
Stephanie Rose Bird’s Info:
The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram as described in High Magick by Damien Echols