This week, hosts Tess Whitehurst & Natasha Levinger are joined by Najah Lightfoot, hoodoo practitioner and award-winning author of Good Juju: Mojos, Rites and Practices for the Magical Soul. A firm believer in the power of daily ritual work, Najah is also a member of the Sojourner Truth Leadership Circle, an initiated member of a private Vodou society in New Orleans and an active member of the Denver Pagan community.
Topics this week sweep the spectrum from disconnecting from your stories, receiving new information during this challenging time, the thinning veil during Beltane, ancestor rituals, the rewards of discipline in your practice and more!
Plus, did you know that a mojo is an actual physical thing made for an actual person for an actual specific purpose? And not Austin Power’s sense of self-confidence?
- You can sign up for the Magic Monday newsletter if you want a little extra magic (and Tess & Natasha) in your inbox once a month.
- If you love Magic Monday, help spread the word by rating and reviewing us on Apple Podcasts (or your favorite platform). The more positive reviews we have, the easier it is for new people to find us. And a true & genuine thanks to those who already have!
- Tess’s website (tesswhitehurst.com) has all kinds of content and books to help you lead a more magical life. Including her Your Most Magical Year Yet 2020 planner!
- In case you missed it, Natasha’s email course 11 Spiritual Tools is now available any time you care to start it. Check it out at highestlighthealing.com.
- For those of you looking for a way to treat yourself at this time, Goddess Provisions provides one-time and monthly subscription boxes full of ethically sourced, cruetly-free and vegan- and eco-friendly new age items. Plus, if you use our link when you make a purchase, you’ll help support the podcast at the same time.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links listed below are “affiliate links.” When you click on an affiliate link and make qualifying purchases on Amazon.com and other websites, we may receive a commission. For more information, please refer to our Disclosure statement.
Notes related to this episode:
Good Juju: Mojo, Rites, & Practices for the Magical Soul (Najah’s book)